Obtain Carbon Copy Cloner – 5.1.7 (5627) – Simple-to-use backup/cloning utility.
Carbon Copy Cloner backups are higher than atypical backups. Suppose the unthinkable occurs when you’re below deadline to complete a mission: your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an ominous, repetitive clicking noise coming from its arduous drive. With atypical backups, you’d spend your day dashing out to a retailer to purchase a brand new arduous drive after which sit in entrance of your laptop reinstalling the working system and restoring information.
With Carbon Copy Cloner, your information and the working system’s information are all preserved on a bootable quantity, prepared for manufacturing at a second’s discover. When catastrophe strikes, merely boot out of your backup and get again to utilizing your Mac. At your comfort, exchange the failed arduous drive after which let CCC restore the OS, your information and your settings immediately from the backup in a single straightforward step.
Any backup software can save your stuff. A CCC bootable backup will save your productiveness too!
What’s New in Carbon Copy Cloner
- CCC will now proactively warn about configurations particular to T2 Macs that may produce non-bootable outcomes, and configurations that may result in issues with enabling encryption or modifying Startup Safety settings.
- Addressed a problem wherein a Mojave-running distant Macintosh would fail (inconsistently) to appropriately validate the code signature of CCC’s file copier, thus inflicting backups to the distant Mac to fail.
- Apple cache recordsdata which were discovered to degrade activity efficiency at the moment are excluded from backup duties by default.
- CCC can now distinguish between a quantity that’s encrypted vs. a quantity that has FileVault enabled. This can be a delicate distinction that’s solely obvious on T2-based Macs. CCC will not ask for a password for encrypted volumes that aren’t FileVault protected.
- The “Shut down if previously off” setting is now allowed on a non-scheduled activity so long as that activity is a part of a scheduled group.
- Improved compatibility with VeraCrypt volumes.
Necessities for Carbon Copy Cloner
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later